Sage Media Planning is a full-service political media buying agency working for Democratic candidates and committees in every corner of the nation. We’re a dedicated team of media experts with a cutting edge approach to building award winning media strategies that power progressive campaigns and causes. Media habits are constantly changing, but Sage gets every campaign’s message to the right targets at the right time. Whether it requires a linear, digital, OTT, or combined campaign, we guide our clients to the most effective and efficient media plan. Sage uses a expert blend of media to reach targets at multiple points throughout their day and create multi-screen solutions as broad or narrow as needed to achieve goals and win campaigns. We specialize in nuanced & detailed district-specific media plans suited to each client’s audience.
Political Media Buying Strategist (2024 cycle position)
Location: Washington DC – Eastern Capitol Hill Area
Sage Media is looking for a skilled political professional to join our team of passionate & talented linear media strategists. We are a full-service political media buying agency working for Democratic candidates and committees in every corner of the nation, from city council races to national candidate & advocacy campaigns.
Bring your values to work: we only partner with progressive candidates and causes that are striving to make positive change in the world. We help get diverse & visionary progressive candidates elected; fight for reproductive rights, education access, and health care; and advocate for real protections for our climate and wildlife. It is rewarding to spend your days enjoying your job AND knowing that it is making a difference.
A team that is talented, dedicated, and fun: we are smart & experienced political junkies who strive for excellence, while also being pop culture enthusiasts who truly enjoy the camaraderie of our interdependent and team-focused work.
Focus on your skills: you bring a wealth of talent to our team, and we are committed to furthering that with training that is broad, thorough, and ongoing. Our goal is to cultivate professionals who develop substantial skills, all while helping our clients advance their objectives.
It will be your responsibility to:
- Analyze polling and targeting data to formulate paid linear media strategy.
- Execute media plans through all phases of planning, placement, tracking, and analysis for multiple campaign clients.
- Gather, organize, and analyze cost and rating information from media outlets, station sales representatives, and subscriber databases.
- Utilize media buying software and qualitative analysis tools to develop and implement political media buys for television, cable, radio, and streaming campaigns.
- Coordinate with digital media buyers to ensure campaigns maintain a comprehensive media strategy.
- Create payment schedules and coordinate with Finance staff to ensure timely and accurate payments to media vendors.
- Deliver ad creative and verify traffic instructions.
- Take part in Sage media strategy meetings.
- Engage in frequent communication with consultants and campaigns.
- Participate in media strategy calls with clients.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- Experience working with political clients & campaigns, with prior campaign finance or compliance experience an advantage.
- Knowledge of television programs, social/digital media, and pop culture.
- A passion for (and extensive experience with) spreadsheets.
- Proven proficiency with data, analytics, internet research, and other technology resources.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills – you will be representing Sage and our clients, so clear, concise, and professional communication are paramount.
- An aptitude for collaborating with and for people who are in a different location: we use multiple technology resources to connect with our clients & co-workers, so experience using Teams, Google Docs, video conferencing, etc. is a plus.
Along with these attributes possessed by all of us at Sage:
- Careful and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience in successfully managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Intellectual curiosity: we love learning about new tools, skills, and innovations.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, manage time, and solve problems.
- Communication: the attribute which makes everything else work.
- Internal: at Sage our job functions are interdependent, which means that detailed, professional, and timely communication makes all of our work successful.
- External: our clients know Sage will always keep them informed, give clear deadlines, and provide detailed analysis.
- Experience with and interest in data: polling, ratings, analytics, we love it all.
- A positive attitude, with some humor thrown in to balance out those crazy-but-we-love-it moments.
Salary & Benefits
- The salary range is $50,000 – $60,000 per year, plus a competitive end-of-cycle bonus.
- Paid Time Off plus paid Federal holidays.
- Company sponsored health plan with generous employer contribution.
- Fully funded dental & vision insurance.
- Employer funded $80/month Metro Transportation Stipend
- The company of many talented co-workers who are working together towards meaningful change in the world. We truly enjoy each other’s company and continually find ways to stay connected.
This is a full-time, salaried and benefits eligible position to run through November 2024. Sage utilizes a hybrid work schedule with the expectation to work from our DC office at least 2 days a week.
How to Apply: Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Sage Media is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse team and an equitable and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic.