NextGen America is the leading national organization for engaging young people through voter education, registration and mobilization. We invite 18-to-35 year olds — the largest and most diverse generation in American history — into our democracy to ensure our government works for them and to find new solutions to the dire challenges facing our society and the world. Since 2013, NextGen America has registered more than 1.4 million young voters and educated many millions more.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization–in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
San Francisco, California
The Senior Campaigns Director will lead a team to create and execute ambitious year-round voter engagement efforts across our 510(c)(3), 510(c)(4), and PAC with the goal of fulfilling our mission and internal goals and contributing to key wins in the electoral space. The Director will assist in directing all voter contact-oriented campaign programming and provide management to staff in the states (including organizers and paid vendors), the national training team, and the national states and organizing director.
This role will report to the Vice President of Campaign Strategy. This is a fully remote position with no location requirement. We encourage candidates from all locations within the United States to apply.
The ideal candidate has a passion for politics and progressive social change. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. NextGen America is the leading national organization for engaging young people through voter education, registration and mobilization. We invite 18-to-35 year olds — the largest and most diverse generation in American history — into our democracy to ensure our government works for them and to find new solutions to the dire challenges facing our society and the world. Since 2013, NextGen America has registered more than 1.5 million young voters and educated many millions more.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Remote Position: Yes
Union Position: No
Travel Requirements: 30-35%
End Date: ‘N/A’
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE:
- Provide day-to-day management of the National States and Organizing Director and the National Training team.
- Provide hands-on support to develop and execute a 2023-2024 primary plan and voter registration programs across our states.
- Serve as a coordinator between digital, operations, data, and other departments to ensure we’re running unified and collaborative programs
- Write organizing and voter contact strategy plans
- Help craft weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals for state field programs, including voter registration, canvass programs, and campus team-building metrics.
- Be responsible for reporting progress to the VP of Campaign Strategy, including management of daily progress to goal and accomplishments.
- Analyze data, targeting, and modeling to create and track progress with voter contact universes and adjust as needed
- Support states’ development of in-state best practices for systems and processes to run strong field programs..
- Assist in planning and execution for national and state voter engagement strategy, timeline, and goals; strategy to include outreach to and engagement at colleges, community colleges, and high schools, as well as to young voters not on campuses
- Help the organization develop creative strategies for campaigns to achieve our mission, with input from key stakeholders
- Ensure coordination within program team and all other departments
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 6 years experience working with electoral campaigns or non-profit organizations where you had success in developing and executing field campaigns.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational communication skills.
- Management training experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly.
- Strong project management skills
- An understanding of organizing theory from field, volunteer requirement, and relational organizing
- Experience executing and evaluating data-driven field campaigns
- Experience supervising and developing teams of full-time and part-time organizers and remote staff, managing toward metric drive outcomes
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with a team
The base salary range for this position is $125,000.00. The final base salary will be determined by various factors, including individual qualifications and internal parity, which will be objectively assessed during the interview process.
Our comprehensive benefits package plays an essential part in how we recognize you for your critical contribution toward our organization’s mission.
Taking Care of Your Future:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you and for your dependents
- Short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) plan – we’ll match 100% up to 4% of your salary
Setting You Up for Success:
- Up to $150 per month to use toward your cell phone and internet costs
- $100 per month to use toward your personal health and wellness goals
- Flexible spending account for dependent care
- Professional development opportunities to help you achieve your best self