May 18, 2021
We collect your data (specifically outlined below, but generally basic information about you in a professional context, such as email, company name, etc) strictly to provide you with access to our editorial, events and other content. We will not share this data with anyone unless you explicitly consent to us doing so. We honor your right to privacy and will comply with your wishes to remove your data from our system.
The Data We Collect
While using our website you may be asked to provide us with certain personal data to enable us to send you newsletters, register for our events, become a member of the C&E Community, and more. Such personal data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email Address
- Company/Organization Name
- Job Title
- Billing or mailing address
- Phone number
- Pictures you submit
- Credit/debit card information (note: we do not save or store this information, and it will only be shared with our payment processors in order to complete the transaction in which you are engaging)
We may also append other data to your record in order to serve you better. For example, this may include events you have attended, topics you are interested in and more. As with all data we collect, this information will be kept private and will be used for our business purposes only.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Communicate with you:
- Promotional. We may send you emails about services and news about us. You may opt-out of these at any time.
- Responding to your requests. We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
- We also may use your information to manage our business, to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, or perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- Analyze profile or behavioral data to help us improve the services we offer to you.
- In specific cases, we will be contractually obligated to share your data with one of our third-party advertisers or partners (for example, event sponsors). In these instances, we will make it clear that the data you share will be transferred to the third party and you will have the option to opt-out.
Links to Other Sites
We may have links on our site to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies, or its practices.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical, and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
We request that you do not send us any sensitive data such as social security or national identification numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health data, biometrics or genetic, criminal background or trade union membership information. If you do send us this information, then you are consenting to its processing in accordance with this privacy notice. To avoid processing of sensitive data, do not submit it.
Changes to the Policy
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to visit our site after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent on the new policy.
How to Ask Us to Delete Your Data
If you would like to unsubscribe from our communications at any time, you may do so in the footer of any of our emails. If you would like us to delete your information entirely please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, by continuing to interact with our emails and programs, you provide us with permission to manage and use your data as described above.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com